TIPS FOR JOB INTERVIEWS
Even the best qualified candidates need to be prepared to stand out, put their best foot forward, and land the job they want. Interviewing is a learned skilled, and you can get better with practice.
12 Job Interview Tips
- Be prepared -- know job requirements, interesting organizational details, and three reasons why you should be hired.
- Dress appropriately.
- Connect with the interviewer.
- Develop a tailored, compelling story.
- Anticipate and fully answer questions.
- Demonstrate active listening.
- Use suitable language.
- Ask the right questions.
- Be aware of body language.
- Appear eager, but not desperate.
- Manage pre-interview jitters.
- Follow up with same-day thank you e-mails.
Don't leave nailing your next great opportunity to chance. Consider these 12 tips, and practice regularly to improve your job interview skills.
Ace The Race offers one-on-one job interview training in person and via Skype. Contact us today to learn more.
Lisa-Michelle specializes in effectiveness, leadership, career, and positive psychology coaching. She helps people achieve remarkable goals and dreams, transition careers, develop strategic business plans, establish optimal work-life balance, find greater happiness at work and in every day life, and create stress-relief routines. She is an adjunct professor, speaker, and has held many leadership and volunteer positions. She enjoys traveling, hiking, nature, animals, cooking, baking, reading, and spending time with her friends and family.